I like to keep some of my favorite feel-good, anthem-type song lyrics on hand to remind me that listening to music makes me feel better. Sounds silly, right? How could I forget that listening to music makes me feel better? Well, when I’m spiraling out into chaos, I tend to think less clearly than when I’m more, shall we say…rational?
To that end, I made a personal playlist. Here are a few of the songs I included:
- I (Am What I Am) Have Nothing – Telly Leung
- Carry On – fun.
- Fight Song – Rachel Platten
- Firework – Telly Leung (cover)
- No One Is Alone – Into The Woods
- Streetcorner Symphony – Rob Thomas
- Two Step – Dave Matthews Band
- Afterlife – Ingrid Michaelson
- Welcome Back To You – Aron Wright
- Let Go – Frou Frou
- Wonder – Natalie Merchant
- Little Wonders – Rob Thomas
- Morning Glow – Pippin
- Light – Next to Normal